Author Topic: French Fine Bone China Insignia of three sheep?  (Read 1505 times)

bleeottawa

• View Profile
French Fine Bone China Insignia of three sheep?
« on: April 08, 2006, 04:51:44 am »
Hi,

I am trying to find out some more about a bone china set that was my grandmothers.  The insignia on the back appears to be 3 sheep or some sort of animal on a blue background with a read border and the word France written underneath it.  Any help with finding out more about this china would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Brian

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 02:10:13 pm »
I'am afraid I can't help much. other than to say they' were made sometime after 1897.

kerryandbee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 03:06:56 pm »
I too looked - in my Kovel's book - and web sites for more porcelain from Limoges on the off chance that is what it is - can't find any backstamps for 3 animals or 3 people either.  

If you want the long hard look - go to

www.replacements.co m

select Limoges France.  Limoges is an area not a brand name - but on that site all makers are lumped together - and scroll and scroll.  You might find your pattern and it would give you a maker then we could go from there -

Public libraries are good - either sketch your backstamp or take a small piece like a saucer with you - French porcelain is much more than just from the Limoges area.  Or post a pic?               Best wishes in your search.  KB