Author Topic: Vase Urn  (Read 1433 times)

Cinderella1

• View Profile
Vase Urn
« on: April 24, 2006, 06:10:38 am »
I am trying to find the value of an urn/vase.  It is deep blue with gold etchings.  There is a picture of two young girls holding flowers and they are framed in gold.  It is 8" tall.  The bottom is marked JS inside a crest and there are the numbers/letters 96SO.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can also email pics.  Thanks!

kerryandbee

• View Profile
Vase Urn
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 03:46:17 pm »
I think your maker is Joseph Schachtel from Silesia area of Germany.  In business from mid 1800's to 1920.   located two marks - one is a raised up JS inside a shield or crest - the other, from apparently a later period, late 1800's to early 1900's is a JS with a pattern of fleur-de-lis arranged above the initials in a sort of diamond pattern.  Without seeing the vase, I can't give a value, but I did find in my googling a cobalt blue vase with a scene on it and it was for sale for $100.  Suggest you keep googling - and try this site:

www.porcelainmarksa ndmore.com

I didn't find that factory's marks - but Chris Simon Marshall who owns the site can dig into his data bases, with of course a picture of the backstamp, and perhaps refine the date of manufacture.             KB