Author Topic: dinnersplates prior to WWI need pattern name  (Read 839 times)

Lindaleelovesantiques

• View Profile
dinnersplates prior to WWI need pattern name
« on: November 14, 2006, 07:51:54 am »
I have dinnerplates marked with the old way of spelling Czechoslovakia and Bohemia. Prior to WWI Czechoslovakia was spelled Czecho-Slowakia ( It's spelled like that on my husbands Grandmothers birth certificate. She said it was changed after the war and Bohemia became part of Austria. So these plates are probably from the last century. They are in good condition only have scratch marks where knives were used to cut meat.I have a curato working on them but I'm anxious to know more like the time era, pattern, value doesn't matter the curator will do that. The plates are pretty with orchid/purple colored large Iris's all over except center. Backs say BOHEMIA and below CZECHO-SLAWAKIA.I have several pieces of jewelery marked the same except for the bohemia. If anyone can identify pattern I would appreciate it. I got into this site because someone posted on the sites listed for antiques about china marked CZECHO-SLOWAKIA and maybe this will help them to know the history of the change in spelling. On old maps it's spelled like that. She has some antique  valuble pieces and should submit to www.replacements.co m and they will have a curator delve into the past. It takes awhile. Replacements LTD is one of the best and biggest ,over 200.00o patterns china replacement companies, they give free apppraisals and will l buy from people to sell to others. I promised them the right to purchase my plates if I sell because they'bve been so good to me helping me identify and place value on alot of china that came from storage units when fees weren't paid for 5 years.I've sold some to them and they give fair prices not entire value they have to make profit as deaker.I won't sell on E-bay they pay better. hope I helped the person with the rare pieces...Lindalee E-mail replies MrsLindaLeeLMorgan@webtv.net