Author Topic: Jensen Steam Engine #35 Transition Piece 1937  (Read 2540 times)

EdgeTech

• View Profile
Jensen Steam Engine #35 Transition Piece 1937
« on: January 06, 2007, 03:11:54 pm »
I have one in great condition, and according to Jensen's website, this is one of the rarest Steam Engine's they have ever made.  Unfortunately since it is so rare I am having trouble finding more of them.  There is a damaged one on Ebay (the exact one) that is selling for 51 dollars, but with a lot of bids so I imagine is it underpriced.  I am curious to what the value of this may be, or if you could point me in the direction of where I could find out.

Thank you very very much.

findit

• View Profile
Re: Jensen Steam Engine #35 Transition Piece 1937
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 08:59:12 pm »
One in very good condition just sold for 51 dollars (you might have to sign in to ebay to see this completed auction.) Keep an eye on ebay. the average price of 5 or so aucitons will tell you quite a lot.
regards ,Ed
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-JENSEN-TOY-STEAM-ENGINE-NO-35-EXCELLENT_W0QQitemZ160066200383QQihZ006QQcategoryZ30QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160066200383

lostnyc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 07:54:50 pm »
Probably the old ones are nice, the newer ones are pure junk- thin sheet metal,  the cylinder of the engine is little more than a pipe with a sheet metal shrowd over it- really just a childs toy.
The best engines are those made by Stuart and others, they are not toys but scale models made of cast iron, bronze and heavy quality.

lostnyc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 10:14:20 pm »
I have one in great condition, and according to Jensen's website, this is one of the rarest Steam Engine's they have ever made.    There is a damaged one on Ebay (the exact one) that is selling for 51 dollars, but with a lot of bids so I imagine is it underpriced.

It may be rare but personally I never cared for their steam engines, they always seemed to be cheeply made sheet metal, but I guess being sold for the toy market this is to be expected. Their current line just looks like  Chinese junk, I much prefer the real steam engine models and even the popcorn machine steam engines were made of heavy cast bronze and did work, I have one from the UK.

I don't think that damaged toy on ebay was underpriced, you find very few real bargains on Ebay these days- too many dealers and collectors know all the keywords to search for and get auto-emails too, if there were a bunch of bids that shows it was probably only worth $51 it sold for, damage really reduces value, especially if it's missing parts that can't be replaced.