Author Topic: Antique side by side  (Read 1189 times)

starrpiano1936

• View Profile
Antique side by side
« on: June 14, 2007, 06:24:14 pm »
I am not a dealer but I have several nice pieces of furniture one is a side by side which has a glassed in cabinet on one side and a secretary on the other.  It is oak and is in pretty good condition.  My husband was going to get a furniture dr. to do a little work on it but the man said it didn't need it.  We don't have any room for it, and I'm not sure I'm supposed to ask this question, but does anybody sell any of your antiques, and you aren't a dealer?  I have tried several different ways but I can't seem to sell anything.  I have an oak mantle and some collectibles, like plates but don't know the best way to go about selling anything.  I did Ebay for awhile and I bought more than I sold so that didn't work too well.  Any help will be appreciated and I can post pictures of what I have.  We have some things in storage because we have run out of room.  If I could find a place for all of it I would keep it but a house will just hold so much.  I do have a large English bowl that I would like to find out more information about.  I know it's dated in the 1800's but I haven't been able to find out anything more than what the marking on the bottom is.  When I can get my self organized I will post a picture of it and give more information.