Author Topic: Inhereted a house full of antiques,not sure prices on tins, lamps, books, ect.  (Read 1494 times)

mmjames

• View Profile
hi, i tried to upload the photos, but it said the files were too large, so i will just post a link to a photobucket album with all the pictures on it, if you know what any of the items are worth, or if any are worth alot, i would greatly appreciate it, thanks

heres the link to an album with large photos of some of the stuff, thanks

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/mmjames1/

Tim

• View Profile
I don't see any real rare pieces but it is all collectible by someone so prices will vary. The lamps are circa 1950+. I would have to do some research on the pottery and plate markings but it too is collectible. The tins and paper ephemera are not real old but would have no trouble selling. Paper items are difficult to find in good condition, which yours seem to be. Certainly items worthy of auctioning.

mmjames

• View Profile
thanks, how would i auction the books? ebay, sorry im new to this

Tim

• View Profile
Yes, eBay was what I was thinking. You can do a search and/or completed search of each item and see what it's potential is. Keeping in mind that you don't want to list a book if there are 20 other copies of the same book not selling. You also reach potential bidders from all corners of the world.

Depending on your area and population, you could consider a live auction, leaving the work to someone else, but it also takes from the profits. You can also consider an estate/garage sale.