Author Topic: HAND BLOWN GLASS VASE RESEMBLING FLOWER 14 INCHES TALL/ MY PICTURES ARE ON NOW  (Read 1382 times)

agreeneyes

I PURCHASED A 1920-1930 BEDROOM SET AT AN AUCTION AND THISBEAUTIFUL VASE WAS BEING SOLD WITH THE LOT, THIS IS WHY I ASSUMED IT WAS OLDER.  IT'S HAND BLOWN  AND IS APPROXIMATELY 14 INCHES TALL BUT I HAVEN'T ANY IDEA THE AGE. 

I LISTED IT ON EBAY AND RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM SOMEONE TELLING ME THAT PIER 1 SELLS THESE VASES.  MY VASE IS SHORTER AND THE WHITE PART OF THE VASE IS THICKER AND THE GREEN GLASS AT THE BASE IS DIFFERENT AND MINE APPEARS TO BE MORE FINELY MADE.  I TOOK PICTURES OF BOTH TO SHOW THE DIFFERENCE.  POSSIBLY THIS IS AN OLDER VARIATION BY PIER 1 OR THEY COPIED SOMETHING.  I'M NOT AN EXPERT THAT'S WHY I LISTING THIS TO GET OTHERS OPINIONS.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:47:34 pm by agreeneyes »

cogar

• View Profile
Re: HAND BLOWN GLASS VASE RESEMBLING FLOWER 14 INCHES TALL
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:10:31 am »
greeneyes, you might try re-formatting your photos. The re-formatting just decreases the "byte count" from several hundred thousands/million .... to several ten thousands .... but doesn't affect the viewing quality. And they upload a whole lot quicker if on dial-up.

go to your photo program and click on "save copy for Web View" and then try uploading those copies.

but don't upload too many pictures in the same post.

cheers

agreeneyes

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE HELP, I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM AN ADMINISTRATOR TELLING ME THEY HAD INCREASED THE SIZE OF THE UPLOAD FOLDER AND NOW MY PICTURES LOAD JUST FINE.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
yes they are import's. maybe $25.00 Dollar's for the pair.

agreeneyes

Thank you , I was just curious because the one I purchased at the auction is the one on the left.  And the one I purchased from Pier 1 is on the right.  I couldn't find one like mine in the store they all looked like the one on the right.  So I thought maybe Pier 1 was copying another design.  I appreciate your expertise.