Author Topic: is it old or new?  (Read 1381 times)

newone

• View Profile
is it old or new?
« on: December 09, 2008, 03:10:30 pm »
I don't know what type of wood this is, if it was an antique, how much its worth (but it WAs very expensive), or where it is from-anyone offer insight? I have this beautiful bed set, california king size made from carved wood. It was given to us and very expensive when it was purchased. Does anyone have any insight on whether it was an antique or what kind of wood it is. It was bought in france or italy I believe...maybe spain. Anyone know which? Sorry about the mess, I threw my bedset on the floor for the pictures 

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: is it old or new?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:52:34 pm »
it's gorgeous. it's also inlaid with exotic wood. rosewood being one of them. the urn design is borrrowed from a Hepplewhite or Sheraton design. it's  not antique. but it has a value of $2,500.00 to $3,000.00 Dollars.

newone

• View Profile
Re: is it old or new?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 06:51:33 pm »
Thanks for the info. I am trying to figure out why it was so expensive...it was bought for $20,000 so I am guessing it was made by some well known designer? Or maybe because it was imported? I didn't think it looked like an antique but maybe a reproduction? The wood goes all the way around the bed, not just in the head and foot boards...the pictures don't do it justice. Whatever the value I LOVe it and am keeping it in my family for a long time.