Author Topic: ESCO Busts (Pics)  (Read 3017 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
ESCO Busts (Pics)
« on: December 30, 2008, 10:55:09 am »
The "island" lady i know is over 50 years old, pristine condition, base has brown felt with 2 tags, Brown/Gold foil tag that says ESCO Products Inc -hand finished art reproductions and the 2nd gold foil tag says Made in Hong Kong.  She came from relatives in FL.  The ? boy is 7 1/2 ", pristine condition, beautifully painted but not as meticulous as the lady. Both the colors are matte.  (I have seen one in the background of a previous post that was shiney -  Has the ESCO foil tag and brown felt.  He came from relatives in CA. (Saw on in background of posted picture on Dec 18 ref Rose Jar - note it's shiney and appears chipped.) There is a new ESCO that only does celebrity busts..but what about vintage/antique ESCO?   Any informative sites and information on these busts?  Values?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: ESCO Busts (Pics)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:11:12 pm »
Marwal industries of florida. was working about the same time these were made. the detail is much better in yours. they should average. $ 50.00 to $ 75.00 Dollars per head.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: ESCO Busts (Pics)
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 12:22:51 pm »
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!  I would have never associated MARWAL with ESCO!  Now I have something to research in all my free time (Ha!)!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!