Author Topic: Royal Carlsbad Society China  (Read 4065 times)

kashi92

• View Profile
Royal Carlsbad Society China
« on: January 02, 2009, 03:15:16 pm »
I bought these dishes at a garage sale. They have a mark on the bottom I cannot find any information about.  The words read: Royal Carlsbad Society China.  Warranted platinum. Made in Czechoslovakia.  Can you tell me any information about them?

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Royal Carlsbad Society China
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:57:50 pm »
That trademark was used by bohemia ceramic's until about 1945 the fact that platinum was used is a no no.those were war years of world war two. it would have been a regulated metal.

So we have a merger of thun karlovarsky in 1958. so your china dates from 1958 onward it is considered limited edition.

kashi92

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 06:39:59 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply :)  Are they worth anything?  I have been using them as dishes to take food to parties and if I leave them no big deal.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 07:58:25 am »
I would carefull about leaveing them. a replacement dinner plate could cost you $25.00 + Dollars if you can find one. remember these are limited editions.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 09:41:49 am »
I totally agree with D&b.  They could even be worth more depending on condition and pattern!  Could you post a pic of the front in your spare time?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

kashi92

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 06:47:28 pm »
Thanks for the information here are pictures of the dishes.  They are white with the platinum around the edges.  Any information is greatly appreciated. The seal on the back is a bit raised and not flush to the dish (different consistency than the plate materials).