Author Topic: Old Intercom System  (Read 2603 times)

Lindsey18

• View Profile
Old Intercom System
« on: February 20, 2009, 06:25:43 pm »
Hi,
I am new to this site, but I just moved into an older apartment and I am trying to figure out what year this old intercom system that is on my wall is from. The intercom doesn't work, but there is a little bell on it that you can ring, and I'm assuming it rang by itself at some point. I am also hoping that finding out when this intercom was from will help me get a better estimate on how old my apartment is. This is not the best picture of the intercom, but on the intercom it says "Made in U.S.A. by S.H. Couch Company Inc. Norfolk Downs, Mass." I did some research on the company but all I found is that they manufactured things like this intercom, telephones, etc. from the 1800s to the 1970s. Anyone know anything about this intercom or the S.H. Couch Company? Thanks! - Lindsey

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Old Intercom System
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 02:19:02 pm »
It look's to be early 1940's maybe late 30's

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 03:45:15 pm »
Agree.............. ..we had one as I was growing up in the 50's. Yours predates that era....

....and even though I have grown older.............. .I refused to ever grow up!! :D

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 04:14:44 pm »
Hey tim look to the left of this Blog. appraiser net has you a Senior member. welcome to senior moment's.