Author Topic: Lindauer Print  (Read 2738 times)

amiga

• View Profile
Lindauer Print
« on: February 16, 2009, 04:38:49 am »
I have a Gottfired Lindaeur Print of Renata Kawepo. The Print is signed. It is professionally framed by an art dealer. I have tried to find out about this print in many areas, I am confused because I would not think something of no value would get framed by an art dealer but I also know it is only a print (I think). I tried to contact the art dealer in NZ but they are no longer there. Does anyone have any clues about this type of print.

PJL

• View Profile
Re: Lindauer Print
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 11:20:48 pm »
Love the painting

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 02:21:49 am »
amiga, one can not put a price on someone else's emotional value.

Or should I say, one can not buy another person's "memories" and expect to re-sale them and make a dollar.

amiga

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 03:56:20 am »
I think a persons emotional value is priceless but isnt there emotional value in the furniture you sell? I am not looking to sell my print.  I think it is truly beautiful. I would just like to know more about it. Your furniture is most beautiful too and the fact that you do restoration is wonderful.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:09:10 am »
amiga, my reply was to this comment of yours.

I am confused because I would not think something of no value would get framed by an art dealer

Amiga, when one is a Dealer in antiques it is not a good idea to place an emotional value on anything. But one is always hoping a customer will do that, because if they do, they will not hassel about the price of it.  ;) ;) ;)

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 10:57:05 am »
Cogar your word's are from a man of wisdom.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 03:29:43 pm »
Amiga, when one is a Dealer in antiques it is not a good idea to place an emotional value on anything. But one is always hoping a customer will do that, because if they do, they will not hassel about the price of it.  ;)

A monetary value on anything is only as good as what the "consumer public" will pay for it.  Usually an emotional value is much higher!

Totally agree with cogar.  Although many a dealer has had emotional value attached to a piece that has sold well...it is the consumer that the emotional value is most relevant.  For instance on Ebay - I have been watching a particular item for months...meant to bid on it the first time listed at $24.99 and didn't - noted the seller relisted at a starting bid of $34.99 - it didn't sell again and noted seller relisted for a starting bid of $49.99 and it didn't sell....they relisted a 4th time for a "BUY NOW for $54.99" and it sold!  Go figure!  It just took that many times for the right person to come along and desire it for that price! 

The difference  between an individual selling one item versus a store is just as I described above.  The store has many items that the seller wishes to sell...but it takes time for that particular person with the emotional desire to buy comes along....thus having many items for sale at any given time helps move items.  For an individual with only one item...that time can seem like a eternity!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

PJL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 11:21:36 pm »
Very well put KC

amiga

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 03:56:34 am »
omg we are getting very deep  lol I just want to know about my picture rofl

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 04:13:44 am »
KC, your E-Bay example reminded me of another "Go figure!", .... and that is, some people will not buy an item if it is priced too cheap, no matter how much they like it. I've never figured that out other than maybe they like to brag about how much they had to pay for it.

And sorry about that, I just remembered an item I once had for sale that I put an emotional value on. I had purchased a tall oak framed mirror for $20, probably 48" x 20", that was originally off of a "princess" style golden oak dresser. I refinished and repaired it and it was a beautiful thing. I really didn't want to sell it but I wanted to hang it in my shop. And ya really can't have something in a shop without a price on it ..... so I put an ungodly price of I think $85 on it, figuring no one would be dumb enought to buy it.

Well now, someone came into my shop and looked long and hard at it but didn't offer to buy it. That scared me so I changed the price to maybe $125. And again the same thing happened only the person asked for a discount, which I refused. I then raised the price to say $175, and again the same thing, but no sale. So I decided nuff is enough, I didn't want to sell it so I put a price tag of $275 on it. If I had the complete dresser it wouldn't have been worth that much at the time.

But wouldn't you know it, some fellow came into the shop, took one look at it, counted me out $275 cash, took it off the wall and left with it. That was when I learned ....... never price something unless you really want to sell it.  

AAAHH, the memories. cheers