Author Topic: Engravings on Tissue  (Read 1764 times)

ElegantEncores

• View Profile
Engravings on Tissue
« on: February 18, 2009, 09:10:55 am »
I have some wood engravings (I believe?) on tissue, and I was hoping someone might help me with the artist, etc.  They're very much like the work of Timothy Cole, but I can't find references for artists who did similar work.

I've searched exhaustively but come up with nothing bearing these initials.  Maybe if I recognized the men in the portraits or the originals they could be based on, it could help as well.  These seem to be by the same artist (initials E S with a symbol afterwards) but the manner of the signatures differs.  I have some others but these are good examples.

Many thanks in advance!

Link to full image

Link to full image

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Engravings on Tissue
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 11:30:21 am »
Wanted to bring this one back up to the top....I have been researching and find this intriguing.  Any other ideas about this?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ElegantEncores

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 03:09:43 pm »
Thank you KC!  These are still mystery items.  I keep hitting dead ends!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 09:04:50 pm »
Here's another site to take a look see at that did individuals:  http://www.lakesidegalleries.com/Henry%20Wolf%20Gallery.htm

I have found sites for Gustave Dore (scenes) and Winslow Homer (did lots of work for magazines - people) and a few others. 

Sure wish I could figure out what is after the S........
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 09:43:24 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!