Author Topic: Giovanni Patrini Silver  (Read 2097 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Giovanni Patrini Silver
« on: February 28, 2009, 11:08:39 am »
     Just working on my weekly Silverplate,  I came across one of intrest.   First, never seen this hallmark or maker. Second, on my first search this morning all I came up with is Giovanni Patrini was a / is a maker Italian High quality Housewares, in what appears to be the 30's and 40's.  Lamps and decorative type items etc.   Some of these items fetch a really high price, most seem to be Moderate.   I got this item and it is in great shape and appears to be Vintage at best 60's maybe 70's.   With a sticker next to the stamp that would almost indicate a later item, surely not the 30's or 40's.   Does anyone know anything about this maker, history, or even a link or two to speed along my investigation?   

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Giovanni Patrini Silver
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 06:52:14 pm »
Found a website that still sells a Patrini collection that looks alot like the style of your item....http://www.cipollapewter.com/patrinicoll1.html

Unfortunately the only Giovanni I found was Petrini (with an e not an a).

Hope this helps!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 11:20:33 pm »
Thanks That did help a bit. It is a bit closer.  I Think that help Confirms it is Italian in orgin, or rather 90% sure.  But still comes to what I saw and the items they are a bit high end stuff, This item being a much smaller item, may be of med value, maybe compared to a Reed and Barton maybe.  It is a wonderful piece maybe got me a real import here  ::).  Thanks I will look a bit more, but starting to feel like a bit of a dead end.  We will just put a $12.00 value on it and get $8.00.   

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 12:33:20 am »
I would at least list for $20 - 25 if I were you because it is Italian in origin, very detailed and distinct features and Patrini items are very collectible according to what I have seen.  Worst case, after awhile, lower it!  I think it is a stunning piece!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!