Author Topic: Any Avon collectors  (Read 2182 times)

amiga

• View Profile
Any Avon collectors
« on: February 28, 2009, 05:45:57 am »
I have an Avon musical jewellery box.  The box says Musical jewellery box australia 1982 silver circle attainment award program. Sansho co.ltd japan. It is a black lacquered box and inside is red with a golden placque that says Avon silver circle 1982. I can find nothing for this reps award box. It  looks like a japanese lacquer box. Help please.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Any Avon collectors
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 08:42:35 am »
     I have a few items from Avon not a collector by no means, just bought a few items to try and resale.  However was never able to at least for even the price I paid.  Avon has so many collector items, that I think they have flooded the market.  I have seen many items on ebay from Avon, all of which doen't seem to be very popular items.  Not sure what you are looking for in your post.  You have the Maker, year and etc.  Are you wanting to know value?  Again not a expert but I have found Avon collectables to be of little value.

amiga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 06:24:59 pm »
I know they hold little value but I am curious now because I cannot find any the same as the one I have. So I guess I want to know value and how rare this item is (in the $20 kind of rare range lol) Thanks

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 03:21:36 am »
One of the only Avon collectible that I have ever seen that is sought after by collectors is the “Cape Cod” ruby red glass. See examples of said at:

http://www.thefind.com/kitchen/browse-avon-cape-cod-ruby-glass

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 10:59:42 am »
Picture would sure help!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 04:49:00 pm »
Okay...never fully answered this....for such a top collectible for many.

The Jewlery box you have is not one offered for sale by Avon.  It was given to someone in their employment....may have been for top tales or recruiting the most people to sell Avon.  Since these are coveted treasures...you probably won't see many out there for sale. 

There are some wonderful Avon collectible books out there (boy are they thick) that you may have some luck with!

http://www.icollectavon.net/   May be a good site for you!

The National Association of Avon Collectors  is a non-profit organization to further the Avon Collecting Hobby and does not have a presence on the Web at this time but you can reach it by mail.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!