Author Topic: ceiling fans  (Read 3051 times)

kryszewa

• View Profile
ceiling fans
« on: January 18, 2005, 01:37:46 pm »
sorry about this....i am new to this forum.....does anyone know where i can find information on antique ceiling fans?  or if i can find out if i indeed have one?

Tim

• View Profile
ceiling fans
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 08:14:59 pm »
Hi..........nothing to be sorry about and welcome to the forums. The old ceiling fans that come to mind are made from cast and usually had wooden blades. I guess when you think about it though so do the news ones. It's pretty easy to tell the newer ones from the older ones. The older ones will have a patina that can't be duplicated. Some with brass shrouds and blades. Try some search engines on antique fans and you should get some usual information.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might  as well dance.

kryszewa

• View Profile
ceiling fans
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 02:07:25 pm »
it actually is made from cast iron and wood.  it has an old j-hook that was used to attach it to the ceiling.  it's an emerson....i believe the type was 46541

jams001

• View Profile
Re: ceiling fans
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 12:54:25 am »
that's okey you're just asking where to find an antique ceiling fan, maybe you can find an antique ceiling fan to this site just visit Fanimation Ceiling Fans they had an lot of ceiling fan but i don't know if they had an antique ceiling fan of what looking for,just try it,

railman44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 06:18:42 am »
Can you post a picture of your Emerson?  Some Fernleaf versions bring a good price.  Long-snouts are fairly common. 

coachgary

• View Profile
    • Coach Gary's Resource Center for Personal Propert Appraisers & Antique Dealers
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 04:51:36 pm »
i also found a site that might help you research your fan

http://www.vintagefans.com/
Gary Daw
AKA CoachGary
www.coachgary.com
Resource Center for Personal Property Appraisers & Antique Dealers

blue07

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 06:09:19 am »
Fan blades must be mounted at least seven feet above the floor. For maximum efficiency, they should not have any obstruction within 24" of the blade tips.

___________________ __
Ceiling Fan

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 09:57:30 pm »
Holy smokes! this question was submitted in 2005............... . :o

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 11:14:20 pm »
I am laughing out loud Tim with your Holy Smoke reply!  We're kinda slow in welcoming people around here lately!  I'm so sorry, I am laughing so hard I am crying!

You can't say that we don't get around to answering questions, and to check back often....at least  every couple of years...only took 4 years to get this one!   (I'm sorry....I really needed this laugh today!)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:16:05 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!