Author Topic: Revere Copper and Brass calender pad  (Read 2272 times)

Kegfuel

• View Profile
Revere Copper and Brass calender pad
« on: April 10, 2009, 09:47:41 am »
I found this, does it look like anything of interest?  It seems old.

Thanks,
Craig T.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Revere Copper and Brass calender pad
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 12:31:12 pm »

I do believe that this is a collectible since Revere has been around for along time and is still a sound, great product!

Is there any date on it other than when Revere ware was founded?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 12:55:22 pm »
     I would be intrested in knowing what it is and what it says on the fine print.  It appears to be a commerative Signs of some sort with names on it.  What is all the writing and Commerating?  You title it as a calender pad, not sure I see that from my screen.  Could you post some detail pics, would be intrested in seeing the fine print.  As for it collectablility, some one who collects Revere products might be willing to pay a fair sum for it, not really sure.  Some Advertisment signs yield good money. 

railman44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 04:29:19 pm »
I believe it to be a calendar pad.  In fact you can even see some torn parts of the calendar days and where the pad attached.  I guess the proof of the pudding would be the length of the screws that would have held the pad of days.  I would think the screws would at least be an inch and a half in length.  Or, perhaps it held a month at a time.  With that, the screws wouldn't have to long at all...

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 09:16:42 pm »
As stated, a calendar pad and as is, I doubt worth very much.

If it had the calendar with a year of date, it would be somewhat more collectible.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 11:16:30 pm »
I was more apt to believe it would have been a hanging calendar pad holder!  (You can see the remnants of the ripped off calendar sheets.) However, the hanging mechanism would have to be on the back since there isn't a hole in it.

What is this made of?  Pressed paper on paper board?  Metal?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 07:58:28 am »
It does say for replacement calendar pads contact company.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 11:35:43 am »
The Dallas division of Revere was started around 1945...so this was made around that time.  So, not an antique...but definitely a desireable item - looks good, reminiscent of the past, a piece of history, etc...

the Revere Corporation history (very interesting - did you know that during the war they stopped production of most ware and made bombs, pipes, etc for the war effort?)
http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Revere-Ware-Corporation-Company-History.html

I give it a value of $30 - $45 if it is metal and a value of $20 - $25 if other material.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:23:23 pm by KC »