Author Topic: pics of more things  (Read 3012 times)

syl

• View Profile
pics of more things
« on: April 15, 2009, 04:14:43 pm »
i am having an estate sale by a company but as someone suggested on another thread it is a good idea to educate myself so i know what i have and some idea of value.if you are familiar with any of these things or can direct me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it Thanks  The first are audoban plate of woodpecker there is a set of 6 and the other is a figurine about 12-15 inces tall..mark on bottom but not words

syl

• View Profile
Re: pics of more things
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 04:26:16 pm »
more stuff...an assortment of plates cup eggholder etc marked schmann empress dresden ...afurry mouse with tag that reads schieff? and tby cmug named old Charley

railman44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 04:48:41 pm »
Always a good idea to educate yourself before you let someone put your stuff for sale...

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 05:04:30 pm »
cocktail shaker(?)silver with sf co. on bottom...choc.pitch er with 8 cups and saucers with haviland and co.limoges silver try with cups(/) has hw and co then AA S EP and crossed keys stamped on bottom

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 05:09:23 pm »
oops here is the pic of siler tray with cups

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 05:46:28 pm »
The pot with cups looks like a chocolate pot.  Can you post a pic of the bottom.

The character looks like a Toby mug....post pic of bottom!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 06:26:44 pm »
yes KC... i was told it was a chocolate pot ..the botton has HAviland and co. limoges(the writing comes out fuzzy in pics(neeed to work on that)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 06:34:49 pm by syl »

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 06:32:47 pm »
the music box works...metal frame with painted scenery on top

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 07:07:59 pm »
    You have a fun road ahead of you on this journey, that much stuff would have me working for 2 weeks plus.  This is lots of items,  I started thumbing through my books and realized you have hours of looking to do.   The others are a bit swifter at this then I but wanted to maybe suggest pick 1 item or two items in a thread,  This way we can concentrate our effort and draw a conclusion and have a record.  I would love to look into some for you but, got me all dizzy With where to start.

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 07:18:40 pm »
    You have a fun road ahead of you on this journey, that much stuff would have me working for 2 weeks plus.  This is lots of items,  I started thumbing through my books and realized you have hours of looking to do.   The others are a bit swifter at this then I but wanted to maybe suggest pick 1 item or two items in a thread,  This way we can concentrate our effort and draw a conclusion and have a record.  I would love to look into some for you but, got me all dizzy With where to start.
lol...i guess i got carried away...i am so overwhelmed with all the things my mom had and such a variety...the estate people said it is an antique  shop within a home :o.i am new here so i will try and just post things individually..just happy to have found the forum and appreciate any and all suggestions and feedback Thanks!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 09:26:21 pm »
Haviland....limoges .....good!  I would value the set at $100+if all are in pristine condition!  (Hot Chocolate used to be such a delicacy - not your current Nestle or Hershey's easy-get-it item. To serve it was a real treat and was done as ritually as tea.)  You have a very, very beautiful set.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 09:51:13 pm »
Haviland....limoges.....good!  I would value the set at $100+if all are in pristine condition!  (Hot Chocolate used to be such a delicacy - not your current Nestle or Hershey's easy-get-it item. To serve it was a real treat and was done as ritually as tea.)  You have a very, very beautiful set.
thanks KC...its a 9 pc set and no chips..it really is pretty but very delicate....that fine china stuff breaks do easily ...id rather sell it that try and keep it in one piece!!!