Author Topic: Help figuring out value (if any!) for a set of Hutschenreuther plates  (Read 1484 times)

Incandenza

• View Profile
Hey all,

I recently unearthed a set (5, I believe) of Hutschenreuther plates from my basement.  Although I find plenty of pieces made by this company online, I can't seem to find anything about these specific plates. 

They all have hand-painted representations of famous works of art.  (Pretty ugly, I know).  The one in the picture is by the artist Goya.  Any ideas?  Thank you in advance!

pete

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Help figuring out value (if any!) for a set of Hutschenreuther plates
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:27:43 pm »
Any chance of seeing pics of the back side, Hallmarks?   This would help.    Just looking through my books and have several hallmarks under the Hutschenrether name.  I have found many online for sale from around 10 bucks to 75, nothing quite like those,  did find many very artisic styles that was made, seems to be lots of collector plates done under the Hutschenreuther hallmarks.  If you can get good picks of the marks we can narrow it down for you.  For now it looks like a flooded market of Hutschenreuter plates out there, just a guess I would say $15.00 a piece Ebay price, more in a shop. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:44:58 pm by ironlord1963 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Help figuring out value (if any!) for a set of Hutschenreuther plates
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 04:17:17 pm »
Please check all plates and post a pic of the back of one with the most legible marking/s!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!