Author Topic: New Member, searching for some book values  (Read 1491 times)

jdsmith45

• View Profile
New Member, searching for some book values
« on: April 29, 2009, 09:47:32 am »
     I have been looking everywhere for resources pertaining to rare books. Price Guides, Informative dealers and even forums are few and far between. Are there any members here that have some experience in this field?

I am specifically looking for information on Eve Curie's "Madame Curie: A Biography". First Edition, 1937. Great condition, missing DJ but it is a signed copy. I haven't even been able to find her signature for sale around the web. A good sign perhaps? I imagine it isn't that common, nothing to match it on eBay. Thanks in advance, hopefully i can get some feedback, I have quite a few books to research.

*photos will be posted later this afternoon
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:49:35 am by jdsmith45 »

Skinny

• View Profile
Re: New Member, searching for some book values
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 10:48:50 am »
What you have is a signed limited edition. It's in a special binding and wasn't issued in a dust jacket. I found a copy listed for sale online at $450. That sounds like a pretty fair price to me. If you were to put it up on Ebay it might go for considerably less than that, or with a fantastic presentation it could possibly go for more.

I'll try to help out with any other book questions. My area of expertise is more in the pre-1900 arena, but I'll have a go at the newer one's as well if I can figure anything out about them.

jdsmith45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 09:00:07 am »
What you have is a signed limited edition. It's in a special binding and wasn't issued in a dust jacket. I found a copy listed for sale online at $450. That sounds like a pretty fair price to me. If you were to put it up on Ebay it might go for considerably less than that, or with a fantastic presentation it could possibly go for more.

I'll try to help out with any other book questions. My area of expertise is more in the pre-1900 arena, but I'll have a go at the newer one's as well if I can figure anything out about them.

thank you so much, may i ask where you found the book for sale? I will post some more this weekend, most of them are from the WWII era.

Skinny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:52:40 am »

abebooks.com is where I found it. that can be a pretty good resorce for getting an idea of values.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:55:48 am »
There are some sites that you have to pay big bucks for.

But the best free site that I have used is abebooks.com just like Skinny said!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!