Author Topic: Silverware  (Read 1207 times)

walter

• View Profile
Silverware
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:32:00 am »
My sister-in-law has a set of William Rogers & Sons Silverware.It is the Victorian Rose Pattern. It is very old and in mint condition. Does anyone know if it is worth anything?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Silverware
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:02:40 am »
Your best source to validate the pattern and information is replacements ltd.

The prices they have can be used for value and insurance purposes...however, if you are going to resale the items, note that R ltd is a well known locater of discontinued and hard to find items...thus they will get the prices they are asking....and most likely you will get less.

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/INSVIR.htm
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Silverware
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:46:27 am »
     This pattern was made by International silver starting in 1954, and was a very popular pattern made for a few years after, not sure how long.  This pattern is considered a fancy pattern but by no means rare.  A full set of mint, set being a standard 8 piece setting may yield about $150.00 with case, value may be more for appraisal purposes.  What really matters is what kind of set you have.  Does it have many set extra, serving piece and etc.  Flatware collectors like me would pay 150.00, just to get our hand on those extras and sell the rest as individuals.  What kind of extra's are in your set?