Author Topic: Okay, I'm horrible. Claw foot table time placement?  (Read 1097 times)

opugnant

• View Profile
Okay, I'm horrible. Claw foot table time placement?
« on: June 07, 2009, 10:12:44 pm »
I have no idea when this was bought.   I have no idea when it was made, or by who or what country.  I do know it stood in the corner for around thirty years, and I like the feet.

Any time placement, value, history, comments, or anything will help me tremendous.  It's the last piece I need to attempt to place.  Than I can go back to being a normal antiquing fool for myself.  :]

« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:18:27 pm by opugnant »

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Okay, I'm horrible. Claw foot table time placement?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:19:38 am »
That is called a Fern stand and was/is used for putting potted plants on..

carolisme

• View Profile
Re: Okay, I'm horrible. Claw foot table time placement?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:27:56 am »
From the photo- it looks like oak, though I can't tell if the top is veneer or solid.  This piece was probably made by an American manufacture between 1890 and 1910 - or so.  It's value depends on where you live, as oak in certain area's is not as popular as others.  I'm out east, and it just goes for good used furniture value, and at auction, I could buy that table most any day for under $200.00, but I couldn't sell it for any more than $250.00, even cleaned up, and I'd have to wait awhile at that.  It is a lovely piece though and it is the perfect little table for many uses, plants, lamps, whatever.