Author Topic: Old champagne glass is marked with anchor flag on flag pole....  (Read 1521 times)

cindyv11

• View Profile
Can anyone tell me the glass company that has a mark of a flag on pole with anchor on flag with initials B. K..    I have looked and looked and can't find out who it is!  Appreciate any help !!! Thanks

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Old champagne glass is marked with anchor flag on flag pole....
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 10:35:35 pm »
I tried too, without any luck. It's a wine glass rather than a champagne glass. Champagne are the taller, narrower "champagne flutes".
Antiqueaholic in recovery

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 10:47:31 pm »
Not much here either , only a ref to an 'unknown' anchor & rope hallmark on a c.1900 olive/yellow glass flask .

It appears to me , from your image that it's embossed/sandblasted ... is this so ?

cindyv11

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 08:07:38 pm »
Thanks for replying !  I can feel the mark with my nail on the bottom of the glass.  It is not etched and I am not sure what sandblast is. I thought it was just white paint.  Here is a picture without a background.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 07:08:27 am »
Cindy, "sandblasting" is where they use a rubber template and "blast", via air pressure, a very fine grade of sand through the "cutout" in the template. The sand will cut into the glass thus creating the "mark". Marble or granite tombstones/headstones for graves are produced via this method.

The "mark" on your wine glass could have been made via "acid etching". Just a "touch" of acid will create the same effect.