Author Topic: value  (Read 3394 times)

mammeexs4

• View Profile
Re: value
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 08:01:52 pm »
actaully we do have an antique store not far from me. I must take my items up and have her check them out. But, then again who can u trust.???I guess that is my problem cause I think I have some nice items. and a couple of them are goin to be hard to split with.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 08:22:36 pm »
     It is always a good ideal to go and speak with the Antique shop about the items you have.   The one thing to keep in mind they have a fair amount of overhead and can only pay a certain amount of its value.  If you  need the money and the dealer is willing to buy then by all means this is a quick and easy way to sell.  If not in a rush then many may offer consignment, this will get you a better price usually but you won't get the cash until it sells.  This works usually only with items of great collector base or have extreame merit and history.   Do you live in a large city that may have many shops maybe consignment stores or a Antique Mall?  These are also good options in search of selling items. 

mammeexs4

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 08:27:00 pm »
Actuall there is a big antique mall about 20 minutes from our house. Might just have to check them out.