Author Topic: Antique coca-cola cooler  (Read 1958 times)

Jeff313

• View Profile
Antique coca-cola cooler
« on: September 28, 2009, 05:30:01 pm »
Hey all i was cleaning out the garage and came across this coca-cola cooler, it was made by the Action manufacturing company as it is imprinted on the end of the it, and i believe its from the early 50's, ive found quite a few coolers similar to this on except they didnt say drink coca cola in bottle as this one does, most just say drink coca cola, and it also has a removable tray inside and a tap on the side at the bottom that works as a drain. There is alot of rubs and some missing paint and the long edges on the bottom have some rot/rust damage. its definately seen its better days but was thinking might be right for the right person. Is there any Coca cola collectors out there that might have any knowledge on this item? As always any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Antique coca-cola cooler
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 06:32:17 am »
For die hard collectors....still worth $45 - $75 depending on area of country and demand.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Jeff313

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 11:36:45 am »
Thanks. it seems like the "in bottles" is the earlier coke stuff. Thanks buddy.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 11:45:03 am »
that slogan was used in the early, 1900's with the addition of 5 cent's on the end. which would indicate yours is a reproduction.