Poll

What is it worth

Milk Glass
0 (0%)
Auction
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Milk Glass  (Read 2280 times)

jojo76

• View Profile
Milk Glass
« on: October 12, 2009, 08:36:59 pm »
We have a very nice collection and large collection of milk glass to sell.  Pictures can be seen at midwestlandauctions .com.  Can anyone tell me what this is worth these days.

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Milk Glass
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 08:50:22 pm »
Milk glass is a tough one many pieces were reproduced in later years. check ebay for pricing but your pitcher & glasses would run around $65.00  all other pieces also under $100.00 each. Good luck!!!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »
     Milk Glass has quite the history, dating late 19 century to Current.  The biggest trick with finding value or even selling Milk glass is to find the pattern and Manufacture of each item.  Collectors of most glassware is by pattern, Manufacture, or type of piece. I.E.  Compote, and Pitchers are really sought after, and Glasses and small Spoon dishes well not as much.  Basically to really sell glassware and get your value worth you must find the pattern, and the rest will fall into place.  This is espically so with milk glass, so much out there and to target the buyer information is needed.  I am right now trying to learn about glassware I would love to take a shot at some of your milk glass. got any pics? 

jojo76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:14:37 am »
go to midwestlandauctions .com

jojo76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 07:11:28 pm »
ironlord1963 are you still interested in the milk glass?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 08:28:39 pm »
Yea Milk glass is something I have been learning about the past month or so.  I have learn enough to get a general ideal of the subject, but by no means a expert on the subject.

jojo76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 01:53:24 pm »
i have a lot of pictures of it.  what do you want to see and are you interested in purchasing any of it?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 08:45:04 pm »
   If you wish to post pics and maybe we can identify then if you wish.  As for the purchase of milk glass most likely not so much.  Milk glass unless it is really old has little value, I get plenty of milk glass for study and resale for under 2 bucks.  Thrift stores and rummage sale has lots available,  Of course I'm always on the look out for early 1900's or late 1800's milk glass at low prices.  I don't actually collect milk glass study and resale, which means you would have to offer it to me at 50% of it retail value.  Would love to see pics though so we all can learn here on the forum.