Author Topic: Really old latern (or what seems to be)  (Read 1823 times)

edb_app

• View Profile
Really old latern (or what seems to be)
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:13:45 pm »
Another pick up from an estate sale. Looked really cool so I decided to purchase it. Want to know how old and about what price range. Any other info like where its from ect... would be good also. Thanks in advance!

waywardangler

Re: Really old latern (or what seems to be)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:09:59 am »
Looks like, what they call here in the Midwest, a barn lantern.  Might be a Dietz (name) and uses kerosene.  Very common in my neck of the woods and I have bought these for $5 but have seen them priced from $5-20.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 01:28:41 am »
In my neck of the woods they sell for $5 to $10.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

danny1979

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 04:25:05 pm »
in the uk they are called tilly lamps and that is also a make here (tilly) i have a few all that i have picked up for free

Slappy Finds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 02:23:32 pm »
Same here. I have about 3 of these and i paid anywhere from $2-$5 for them. All Dietz. They can sell for about $5-$20. There are more rare ones, and i am not familiar with your exact model. Are there any markings/company info/patent info on this?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 08:32:28 pm »
  I did just recently sold two myself, a really rusty one for $5.00, and a good red one for $12.00 on ebay.  When looking at them on Ebay, they are a very hot sale item,  Not much on price but they do move.  Some of the really cool looking one get into the $30.00, I bet if you posted it, it would get into the $20.00.  I will post the pics of the one I sold, maybe to give you a ideal.