Author Topic: Need ANY info about Tiger Oak buffet  (Read 7182 times)

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Need ANY info about Tiger Oak buffet
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 05:37:49 pm »
You are certainly welcome. as a matter of interest we all injoy the pictures. Walnut & oak injoyed a new revival dureing the charles eastlake year's up to about 1906
The old sears & roebuck catalog's of 1890's & 1900's sold a lot of his furniture then the Art's & Craft's of the 20's 30's inspired another oak movement. the late 30's. oak was loseing out. alot was destroyed & painted.

Incidently that's Heywood Wakefield. a very popular furniture designer.

tendr

• View Profile
Re: Need ANY info about Tiger Oak buffet
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 07:13:15 pm »
oh i feel stupid. i knew it was wakefield.......... .....i don't go to bed til four a.m. so there's no telling what i'll say if i don't double ck my words.

it's getting cold here and i sure hate to have that furniture just sitting on the porch. guess i'm going to be looking for some old blankets to cover it with.

i do have the chair to the dining set i want to send a pic of when i can get one. beware the set is ugly right now and i guess that's one reason i just have to at least try to refinish it though it looks like i can't do it until it's warmer. i don't know alot about antiques but i love them and have as long as i can remember. in fact i'm watching antique's road show. i love old toys and even just vintage or something from when i was little. found a solid rocking chair for my not yet one yr old grandson on craigslist for fifteen bucks and it was gone so fast..... :-[

i've kept things from the seventies that are perfectly good. chairs i held my children in and so on.

wish i could find a breadbox with apples on it. (it had canasters to match which i have and a flour sifter)
i also have those very dark green drinking glasses with a clear bottom a precious woman gave me about thirty yrs ago. she said she got them free in a box of soap if i'm not mistaken. i have so many questions about alot of bits of this and that given to me..i like the history. so i will bbl.
 :D