Author Topic: Bavaria Shumann China  (Read 1830 times)

starkel

• View Profile
Bavaria Shumann China
« on: November 21, 2009, 04:23:33 pm »
Hi all,

k, well I am new to this site. My name is Kristin and I live in Germany, lucky me! Anyways, I have found a 66 pc. set of dishes, they are white with gold trim and the marking says bavaria schumann, I researched this and found it belonged to Carl Shumann from Bavaria and the dishes were made somewhere between 1800-1996, long range i know. Anyways, my problem is that I could not find a white set anywhere on the net and it is said that he is known for his beautiful china, amazing patterns and such but nothing about the white ones. The lady is asking 480 Euro for the set which is prolly 600-700 dollars, so before I buy them I would like to know if it is worth it! any help would be appreciated!

links to pics
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z43/starkel9569/4760344a8a9a5b4537e76.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z43/starkel9569/476035362cfa5b4537e75.jpg

thanks,
Kristin
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 04:26:19 pm by starkel »

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Bavaria Shumann China
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 09:43:28 pm »
     That is a nice set, but I don't feel that it would be worth that.  Shumann China is some good quality stuff, but at that price you would expect something in the extra fancy motif.  I know that bigger more collectible names with fancy patterns can be bought for under 300.00 dollars.  At least here in the states.  From my perpective I would say it would be worth maybe 200.00 at the most.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 10:28:55 pm »
Hi Kristin and hello from the USA.........I have to agree with iron. If you check out Replacements.com and type in Bavaria Schumann you will see that individual pieces can be costly. that's for people trying to finish a set, one plate, bowl, etc. Whole sets as a rule don't bring that high of dollar (here in the states anyway and depending on the quality). I think 1/2 the asking price is more than fair and that is because of the serving pieces. I'm assuming that it has at least an 8 piece setting. That mark dates to about 1918.

That's my opinion anyway, but they may be worth more to you.......... 8)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 08:54:56 am »
Definitely agree with Ironlord and Tim.

If you are wanting to sell and not in a hurry.  Sell piece by piece  (Go to replacements and figure out the value by piece - now take in mind that they will get more due to being a convenience seller and you and individual.) or setting by setting.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!