Author Topic: antique ship plate  (Read 1610 times)

pilot2b

• View Profile
antique ship plate
« on: December 17, 2009, 10:28:05 pm »
I inherited this plate from my grandma.  I don't really know anything about it.  The stamp on the back says La Francaise and then under that BEMI or DEMI maybe and then under than an 8 letter word ending in -eous.  I can't make out the first letters.  At the very bottom of the stamp is the letter A and the number 4 and there is a big gold 2 in the middle of the bottom.  Anyone know what the seal on the back means or what it might be worth?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 10:37:26 pm by pilot2b »

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: antique ship plate
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 09:11:04 am »
It's french. designed after 1901. $20.00 to $30.00 Dollar range.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: antique ship plate
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 12:18:51 pm »
IT'S FRENCH!!!!!!!!  (Correct me if I am wrong Chris Marshall....but I do believe this one is from France and that the company "The French China Company" - a precursor to the French Saxon China Company in Ohio - made a mark slightly similar but not this one!).

La Francais plate  Semi Vitreous  Appx made early 1900's like D&b stated!  Agree with lower end price range/.

Semi vitreous is a type of porcelain and does not pertain to age/manufacturer.  You may also see it displayed as S V on china items.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 12:36:39 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!