Author Topic: Re: Need Help Identifying These Items  (Read 1248 times)

gideon144k

• View Profile
Re: Need Help Identifying These Items
« on: December 21, 2009, 12:45:19 pm »
Need Help Identifying these items, some are antique and some are vintage I have had a hard time finding the description and exact year that these were made and also the value of such items.  My purpose for needing these is to sell off the items at the correct price.

Thanks,

Jimmie

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 02:20:03 am »
The one at the top is a silver coin purse, sometimes referred to as a compact because they often have a place for powder and/or a mirror in addition to the coin holders. The value depends on the condition, but you can find lots of these on Ebay or Ruby Lane, just enter silver purse in the antiques section and you'll a handful of them. That should give you a pretty good idea on the price. The prices seem to range from about $60 to $150 or $200 on the high end. Correct me if I'm off on this guys, but I think these were popular from about the 1890's through the 1920's.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:10:11 am »
This is a great site to browse through and possibly find out info about your pieces!

http://www.davidandnoelle.net/catalogue.htm#glossary
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!