Author Topic: Austrian - Habsburg vase - value?  (Read 3179 times)

writerB

• View Profile
Austrian - Habsburg vase - value?
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:56:32 pm »
When my mother-in-law passed away a year ago, at the age of 96, we inherited several items that I need to find the value on before deciding how to dispose of them.  One is a vase that says it was made in Austria - and says it is Habsburg China.  If anyone can tell me an approximate value for it and, if it is valuable, where I should start in finding a buyer.  Actually there is another one very similar but it just says "Austria" on the back along with the number 104 printed in gold and a symbol that looks like a slanted tic-tac-toe board.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Austrian - Habsburg vase - value?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:49:40 pm »
    Welcome to the forum WriterB.  That is a nice vase you have there, and sure that it hold enough value to keep or sale.  My question is about the art, Is it a decal or handpainted?   I can't tell from the pic, appears to be a transfer print.  You can tell by looking really close, with loupe perferred.  A transfer print will have lots of dots.  This can affect the value, however not to the point of real concern.  The overall looks of the vase is wonderful and would be easy to dispose of (per say).  I will hold back a bit on my estimate until the others give it a shot.  I will go snoop around on the name and see what I can find.  Once again welcome to the forum.

Chris_Marshall

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 06:49:13 am »
The Habsburg mark is one used by the company of Moritz Zdekauer in the town of Altrohlau (Bohemia/Austria) between 1894 and 1909.

The second (only described) mark sounds like the one shown at the bottom of this page:

http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/0repro/00.php

writerB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 09:07:11 am »
The second one does appear to be the same as the one on the site you directed me to.  thank you.  I've save that site as it could prove very useful as I try to determine the value of the many items I inherited from my mother-in-law.  In the case of the one I featured, any guess as to what I should ask for it?

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 09:13:26 am »
First of all. Thank you Chris for the stop over. been a while. value is running in the. $ 75.00 to $125.00 Dollar range.