Author Topic: Fenton Question  (Read 1658 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Fenton Question
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:47:40 pm »
    All this fenton being thrown around, got me a bit curious.  The other day at the book store I was looking through a Fenton Glass book and found one of my favorite pink pieces was a fenton.  It is a swan dish and the book placee it date 30's to 50's.  No marks on the bottom so I would assume this would validate the period.  Any more insight would be nice.  However my real question is concerns another item.  In another thread we mentioned the color of the different dates and manufactures.  I have this other item, I was wondering if it could be fenton also.  The color matches, but I question the quality being Fenton.  It sit near my other pieces, it has the right color and looks though so I thought I would see if any insight is available.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:49:17 pm by ironlord1963 »

fentonfrk

• View Profile
Re: Fenton Question
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 12:20:19 am »
I can tell you that the swan bon bon dish is Fenton. My book dates it circa 1938. However, the other piece I have not run across in my Fenton research. I will keep looking though.
Todays find is tomorrows treasure!

luxetveritas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:26:47 am »
Interesting piece, I haven't seen it either. I'll take a closer look later tonight and see if I can find it.

Dean Perdue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 12:58:30 am »
Easy to see why this swan dish would be among your favorites with all the great details.
Very nice.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 04:15:19 am »
That might be Cambridge.