Poll

Can anyone tell me about a cigarette lighter with Dampfer Scharnhorst engraved on the front? I also have a lighter with "25th Anniversary of the United States Air Force". Does anyone have any information on it too?                              

Dampfer Scharnhorst
0 (0%)
25th Anniversary United States Air Force lighter
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Dampfer Scharnhorst cigarette lighter/ 25th Anniversary of U.S. Air Force lighte  (Read 1450 times)

sipesj

• View Profile
I have an old silver cigarette lighter that has a ship on the front with Dampfer Scharnhorst written above it. I looks like it could be a large passenger ship. On the bottom of the lighter is what looks like "1000 Luxder" It is hard to read. I can find nothing on this ship anywhere. Can anyone help?

Chris_Marshall

Dampfer Scharnhorst: The ship in question was a freight&passenger liner on the East-Asia route running under the company of Norddeutscher Loyd, it was stationed in Bremerhaven. Last thing I know was that she was in Hong Kong in 1942, don't know what happened then.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
http://smmlonline.com/articles/scharnhorstliner/scharnhorstliner.html

Think this link might answer some questions.  Believe that she is at the bottom of the sea!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 01:12:36 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!