Author Topic: table patent  (Read 4412 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: table patent
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 12:45:34 pm »
Now that is a rockin' cool table!  :D

No offense taken. Times have changed and I think grandpa would be surprised to learn that a hundred years later a woman could not only operate the table, but could also interpret the drawings!  Some things never change though, and us modern wimmen-folk still love a really good table!  ;)

I'll be interested to hear what the value of such a unique, innovative, one-of-a-kind piece is!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

graderman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 04:20:59 pm »
The last thing that i know about this table is in 1991 My great uncle move here from Baltimore MD. He payed $ 1,000.00 to have a driver go pick the table up & bring it back because he didn't trust the moving company with it. I know that this has nothing to do with the tables value. I just thought that those interested & following along might like to know the end of the story. :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 04:44:55 pm »
Wow!  One of a kind!  Patent Approved!

Family Value:  Beyond Priceless

D&b, Cogar, Talesof, Railman, Dontbe, Dean, etc. Ideas?

I would have a hands on appraiser do this.  To say the least you won't find another like it!  Auction houses might be interested.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!  I HOPE YOU RETAIN THIS IN YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!  Need a value to insure!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 05:13:09 pm »
it's a prototype.it was never put in to production. possibly because of the expense of manufactoring & I think weight would be a factor. It would certainly make a nice gameing table.

Value would be just a guess. $250.00 to $300.00 Dollars based on the fact a drum table could be found in that price range.

graderman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 08:49:52 pm »
No Kc,  I don't plan on selling the table. The value question is for insurance purposes. Unless somebody thought it would be a gold mine in there collection & made me an offer i couldn't refuse...LOL. Thanks for your input D&b the table is a prototype & it never was put into production, But he did have at least 2 offers we were told to sell the table & design for production. I was told he was vain & well to do & he wasn't going to let anyone own his ideas. I actually found one of his old savings account papers from a baltimore bank dated 1925 that had a ledger stating there was almost $12,000 in his savings.. I would think that would make you pretty wealthy in those days. So i'm assuming he just wanted to own his own piece of history, not make money from it.