Author Topic: 24KT. Gold Plated Bowl  (Read 3838 times)

Tater2

• View Profile
24KT. Gold Plated Bowl
« on: June 17, 2010, 07:00:36 pm »
Hey I got this bowl when my grandmother passed away.  I have looked around but I cant find anything out about it.  Is there somewhere I can look it up?  I cant find a makers mark or anything like that.  I have it posted on Ebay but dont really want to sell it just want a value.  All it has is a stamp that reads "24 KT. GOLD MADE IN USA".  Any help would be good.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:08:45 pm by Tater2 »

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: 24KT. Gold Plated Bowl
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 07:34:23 pm »
Pretty nice looking Bowl.  If I was to post this item I would start at 19.99 and see where it goes from there.  I would say it is worth $25.00 to $30.00, but can sometimes find items such as for 9.99 at the thrift store.  If you can or maybe someone here can find the maker and date of the item.  This might just push the value a bit or at least let those searching for a certain maker find it easy on Ebay.   I would not put much age on the item, it is vintage at best, post 40's for sure maybe even 70's.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:45:16 pm »
     I had to go find it on Ebay, I see you started it a $20.00 good start price.    I noticed that you have 0 feedback, This might affect the bidding a bit.   Glassware collector are very picky just a heads up.  Also the 12.00 shipping may frighten some away.  If you can keep it under 2lbs shipping weight, 9 buck parcel post will get it to the east cost and still get a bit for handling.   Sure not trying to pick on the post just a few points to keep in mind.   Also if you do ship I would not recommend using the USPS boxes.  These are made of 1/4 wall cardboard and not very safe for Glass.  I do wish you the best of luck on your post and will watch it.   

Tater2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 07:58:49 pm »
I am kinda new to Ebay and shipping stuff to people across the country.  I would like to find out who the maker is but I can find no information at all about it.  I know it has been in storage for at least 20 years and I think my grandmother brought it with her from Minnesota.  Other than that I have no idea.  I am not really looking to sell it but wanted a value and maybe more info, like what was it for?  Was it a sugar bowl?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 10:39:23 pm »
     My bet if any is that if it did belong to a tea Service set, it would be a waste bowl.  Sugar bowls usually come with a lid.  If not part of a tea set then I would say small berry bowl.   

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 04:31:06 am »
I believe that type pottery was discussed on this Forum some time back but you can check this out .......

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-24kt-gold-pottery-teapot-creamer-sugar-bowl

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 07:40:49 am »
To me it's Gold luster. But to be correct. it's called weeping, gold. I would say' Iron Lord's value is on target.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 10:11:44 am »
Thanks D&B, I bet I spent an hour this morning trying to think of the name Weeping Gold.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 11:27:38 pm »
I remember the previous post on this....but it was only after D&b refreshed my memory as well cogar.

I do believer that the price is right on as well.

Still pretty!!!

I agree about the shipping. I have been watching a platter for over 8 months now.  The seller still has the same price and shipping (the shipping is 18.00 and the item is starting bid at $7.99.  I would like it...but refuse to pay that shipping cost!  So...I keep watching.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!