Author Topic: Mahoganey China Closet  (Read 1795 times)

debiann_mcdonough

• View Profile
Mahoganey China Closet
« on: February 21, 2004, 07:56:37 am »
I purchased a china closet with side board several years ago & now am curious if it is worth anything.  There is a label inside one of the drawers stating it is genuine mahoganey and there is a serial number on the label and the bottom of the label says "Mahoganey Association Inc."  We have moved since purchasing it from a private seller for very little and no longer have room for it.  I would like to know if it has any value prior to trying to sell it.  Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Deb

Tim

• View Profile
Mahoganey China Closet
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 03:19:49 pm »
Hello....could use some photos. It's had to say without them. Judging from your description ie: type of wood, manufacture name and serial numbers I would venture a guess of 1920's-1940's. Condition is very important, and how desirable your piece is. If all the above is in line and conditions are met then $500-$600 auction price for the pair might be in the neighborhood of a possibility........ ..that price could be more or less as there are many variables to take into consideration...... .... respectfully....... ....Tim ;)