Author Topic: Edward Roos Cedar chest  (Read 5305 times)

Scrstix

• View Profile
Edward Roos Cedar chest
« on: April 10, 2010, 07:21:17 pm »
I have an edward roos of Forest Park ,illinois; cedar chest  #3305 and serial # 25793. What year is this thing?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Roos Cedar chest
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 07:52:35 pm »
http://chicagoantiquesguide.com/archives/20051213064534.php

The Edward Roos Company produced cedar chest (aka Hope Chests) from  1916 - 1951, operating in Forest Park Illinois. The chests were made in styles from Colonial to Art Deco typically out of Tennessee red wood cedar.  Majority were produced in 1920's until World War II. Values vary depending on quality of construction, wood type, area you live in, etc. Majority sell for under $300.00 unless you have a rare one.

Pic would help!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 07:58:12 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Roos Cedar chest
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 08:14:56 pm »
Welcome Scrstix!  I noticed on several sites responses to those asking for info came from this gentleman, with the offer to look
into the style/age of their Roos cedar chests.  I'm including a portion of one of his responses which includes a link to his site and also
instructions on how to send him a request for info.

Hope this helps.  ;)

"The company probably made more cedar chests than Lane so rarity is not an issue in value. The value is dependent on style and condition. Most Roos chests sell at auction, in good condition, in the $200 range.

If you can send me some photos of the chest I will be happy to tell you what I can. You can send clear photos to me as .jpg files at fmtaylor@aol.com. Please send the photos directly to me as .jpg files. DO NOT put them in an online photo album. Be sure to include a copy of your original inquiry so I can match them up.
Thanks

Fred Taylor
“HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE”

www.furnituredetect ive.com      "