Author Topic: Got Milk? Maybe Grapes?  (Read 2906 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Got Milk? Maybe Grapes?
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:40:12 pm »
     O.k., found myself a bit stumped again, must be the age  ;D.  Actually I have a Milk glass goblet mystery, that has seemed to lead to dead ends.   I have a milk Glass goblet, with a grape pattern.  First they are all over the net, some list them as Indiana Harvest grapes, some call them Anchor Hockings, even found many that was called Panelled Grapes, which would be a westmorland.  Much surprised that so many are listed and non seem to be right.  I can understand calling it panelled grape sort of.   Seems to be what they call all panel motif glass.  Either way I have come to a road block and about to put it in the back of the pile for later, but thought I would see what comes up here.  I've enclosed my pics, the item is 5 3/4" Tall. 

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile

ironlord1963

• View Profile
Re: Got Milk? Maybe Grapes?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 09:41:30 pm »
Sorry, to keep you up so late, Maybe try a glass of Warm Milk  ;) .  Yea I did find all those, but Anchor Hocking as most call these, has a line of Vintage Milk Glass that has grapes.  I have and had a few of these already and the grapes are not the same, not at replacements either.  Beside Harverst Grapes is a Indiana line, Not a Anchor.  Of course maybe I'm not getting it either, I think I go get me a shot of milk and ponder this longer.

winffup

• View Profile

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 06:24:40 am »
ironlord had to dust off the old books and look at original catalogs from the companies I rarely trust adds for sale on line(ebay) as many just do not research as you do,they see one on line with grapes as "paneled grapes" & say that must be what I have.  "paneled Grape " by Westmoreland it is not grape & leaf pattern is diffrent, and all tumblers have leaf pattern trailing down from top & grapes at very bottom of the tumblers very diffrent. It is not by Kanawha glass comp as grape & leaf is diffrent also. It is not Smith's as leaves surround grape clusters completely with their vintage grape. So far it most resembles grape by Imperial Glass but will need to snoop some more. 3 down how many to go ???
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:40:06 am by wendy177 »

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 07:53:12 am »
     I was thinking about buying a Anchor Hocking book at boarders the other day, maybe I should go get it.  It seems that every one thinks it is a Anchor Hockings, but I find is sellers calling it a Anchor, I would like to see it in a book or at least at replacements and etc.  Maybe Anchor has another line of grapes I still have not found, sure don't look like the grapes of my other Anchor Hocking pieces.  It not a Colony either, tried that one too.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 08:11:19 am »
     O.k.   Found something not that it helps but found it at replacements, under unknown manufacture. Go figure

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/UNKUNK438.htm#1637302

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 09:49:40 am »
Ironlord That one you just found from replacements is  The L.E. Smith glass company  it is called vintage grape  if you look at the leaves they surround the grape cluster on all sides.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 10:08:00 am »
    Maybe this whole thing is confusing me too much  :D.   When I look up the Vintage Milk Glass pattern at L.E. smith It has Leaves that is behind the grapes, but look a bit different.  Much more detail in the L.E. Smith one and more leaves.  I didn't see a pattern called Vintage Grape per say, only found it listed under "Vintage Milk".  Have I been drinking too much milk that is clouding my thoughts ::)

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/SMIVIN.htm

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 10:15:50 am »
Enough to drive a person craZZZZZZZY   Try conyacting The  Anchor Hocking Glass Museum and see if they can help.  http://www.anchorhockingmuseum.com Please fill us in :D

waywardangler

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 11:46:36 am »
Ironlord, maybe the milk is curdling your thoughts instead of clouding them.  :D  I wish I knew just an inkling of what everyone on this post knows about glass.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 12:03:19 pm »
LOL, Think I'm just going to have to backburner this one.  Wendy, I did attempt to contact that museum, but once you click the link to contact them, they quoted in red letters, something along the line of give us $25.00 and we will attempt to answer your question.  One would think something so common as this glass, one would easily track it maker, apparently not.  Every one seem to think it is Anchor, or someone else.  Oh well it is just a .99 cent item, that will go to the Garage sale pile, not going to make the Ebay cut  :-\

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 12:11:28 pm »
Honestly Ironlord I would do the same I can not put a maker to a unmarked piece until I see it documented in company catalogs to business's that sold product back in the day. Will keep an eye out  8)