Author Topic: Glass bottles  (Read 1357 times)

cathilarie

• View Profile
Glass bottles
« on: April 27, 2010, 01:44:11 am »
these bottles were dug up in our backyard when we were digging up our pond. Two of them say "GIBSON WINE" on the bottom and they have a pheasant on the sides of both bottles. I tried a search only to come up empty. Has anyone ever heard of gibson wine? I have searched and searched with no luck so if you can get any information about this company I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you!!
         Cat

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Glass bottles
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:51:00 am »
Hi Cat could this be your company???  http://www.oldandsold.com/articles02/sacramento2.shtml   You could try and contact them to confirm if it was produced by them. seems like it is them with the pheasant blown into most of the company's bottles.
good luck ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:53:38 am by wendy177 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:48:05 am »
I cam up with the same thing Wendy177 from my bottle information.  Look at the history/information on Gibson Wine Country, Elk Grove - Sacramento started 1943
http://mokelumneoaksvintners.com/pagebrowse-53-406687.htm
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cathilarie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 10:37:09 am »
Thank you for your replies....I have a phone number I am going to try to see if I can email pics to see what they say...we dug up over 30 of these bottles in the two different sizes so I'm assuming maybe there was an alcoholic who lived here at one time??? LOL I'm just kidding :D I will post whatever I find out but the number is busy right now. So maybe wrong number so I called the local historical society. Anyway thank you for your help!!

8)Cat 8)