Author Topic: Question about sellers shipping costs.  (Read 9024 times)

hosman321

• View Profile
Re: Question about sellers shipping costs.
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 07:24:56 pm »
Pfft...they knew it had issues. Sound like shady sellers to me. Hopefully canon will repair it without any more headaches for you! I have a canon rebel xti and love it.

waywardangler

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 07:56:17 pm »
Ironlord, I just went to the eBay site and this is a direct quote "Sellers can leave only positive ratings for buyers. That means buyers should feel free to leave honest Feedback without fear of retaliation. We also have safeguards in place to protect sellers against unfair negative or neutral Feedback."
I think you may have to rethink your feedback strategy as a seller.  This was changed quite awhile ago and is a sticky topic for eBay sellers.

Sapphire, those batteries may be suspect.  Good idea to recharge them and then see if the camera works.  I have an older Kodak  digital that will die and not shut down because of the batteries.  I have 3 sets of rechargeable ones and they do not seem to hold a charge for long. Has the seller responded to your inquiry yet?

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 08:29:00 pm »
No response as yet wayward.  The camera turns on and takes a 'picture' but the LCD screen and the picture taken are nothing but vivid flares. I've found a couple of sites that mentioned this as a specific problem and the Canon site still has the advisory ......dated 2007....so hopefully it's still in effect.

Really don't like to be so negative, but this is getting to me.  She was so excited to be getting it, I had already taken half dozen shots which turned out fine, so when she turned it on and got nothing but flare I just about lost it. It is possible it wasn't doing this but already being ticked about the shipping I'm having a hard time believing anything positive (or even neutral) right now. And of course when I messaged him
I did have to mention that I was pleased with the camera   :P

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 02:10:40 pm »
Well now for an update.  I did eventually hear back from the seller, he had gone away for a bit and had no access to the computer. He acknowledged the difference in the shipping. The higher amount is what he had found online (said he still is having a problem understanding their website), but found that shipping first class at the Post Office was much cheaper. Offered a full refund for the difference without me asking and has since that message already processed it. Regarding the problem with the camera, he stated that he had used the camera up till a month before selling and hadn't had any problems. Apologized for me having to deal with that.  We'll be contacting Canon, as the offer for free repair/shipping is still listed on their current site despite the 3 year old date.

All in all, I'm happy with the outcome. Now it's just a matter of getting it up and working.  Will leave positive feedback for him, considering his politeness and promptness upon receiving my messages.  Seemed to be genuine in his response and actions.  ;)

waywardangler

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 04:06:06 pm »
Just about as good as you could expect.  Now I hope Canon comes through for you.

Sara Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 10:39:14 pm »
Good story with hopefully a happy ending !

:)