Author Topic: Mr Peanut barrel jar w/ lid  (Read 4065 times)

krickard

• View Profile
Mr Peanut barrel jar w/ lid
« on: May 06, 2010, 06:41:38 pm »
Hi everyone, I took another trip over to my parent's basement and brought home a few neat things. I have a Mr. Peanut barrel jar, I really do think it's very old, not a fake 'cause the glass on the bottom is kind of wavy like old glass would be. Anyway I looked on different web sights and found that this jar w/ the 8" lid is estimated at $250-$350. Could this be true? And if so where would be a good place to sell this, Ebay? Thanks guys!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Mr Peanut barrel jar w/ lid
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 06:55:37 pm »
    Is it possible to post pics of the jar? esp. the bottom.  After looking around myself I found that it appears that there is a strong collector base for Mr. Peanut stuff, but did not see anything that yielded that price range.  Just curious to see this jar.

krickard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:19:21 pm »
Here's some pictures for you. Thanks!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 09:25:28 pm »
Nice Mr. P jar , krickard .

Looks like the authentic & vintage one , from your images .

I have one I use for a cookie jar .

Selling it on line would bring the most attention to it , I'd say .
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 09:39:47 pm »
yup agree with fancypants looks authentic!  FYI any planters glass jars made in  colors ( blue, green, red etc) are fakes. Planters made original jars in clear glass only.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 10:49:20 pm »
     This is what makes this forum tick so Gooood  ;).   Amazing the amount of Mr. Peanut stuff and the current collectablity of it.   Sure wish I saved my Mr. Peanut stuff.  Just the Ebay listing alone tells the tale.  15 Pages of Completed Auctions over the last 60 days, sure looks like about 15% of these items sell.  Some nice $$$.00, but mostly $$.00 to $.00, but some of these items was made Just recently even, my goodness last Decade stuff is a hit  ???, make me want to go buy a case just to save for 10 years.  :o    but by that time something like my old Starbucks cups will be in.   I did find 2 like yours before giving up on the mountain of Peanuts, One went for around $50.00, the other the Reserve not met at around 60.00.  Then the links post from sapphire tells another tale.  Either way I'm still in peanut recovery right now  :P   I just want to thank Krickard for posting this item it has taught us all something.   Most of all to save all those Starbuck Cups, heck better save it all  8).    On a serious note your item look way more older then 95% of the items I saw.  Great Item for sure