Author Topic: What is so special about a Bridgewater  (Read 2259 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
What is so special about a Bridgewater
« on: April 21, 2010, 06:45:05 pm »
     I have this Bridgewater Spongeware jar on Ebay and it not only is getting lots of hit, but about 6 watchers now, and today 2 people from England just ask me how much it would cost to ship it.  I did not think much about it when I posted it, but sure looks like a hot item.  Can anyone give me some details on what is special about  bridgewater Spongeware.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:46:44 pm by ironlord1963 »

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile

ironlord1963

• View Profile
Re: What is so special about a Bridgewater
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 07:07:47 pm »
     For sure a lot more modern then I thought, She is a new name in the Staffordshire area, Sounds like she has a following.  I did a little looking around before posting but apparent it was not enough.  Wow, now I want to keep it  :P  :D

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 07:51:28 pm »
     For sure a lot more modern then I thought, She is a new name in the Staffordshire area, Sounds like she has a following.  I did a little looking around before posting but apparent it was not enough.  Wow, now I want to keep it  :P  :D
:D Now that would be my downfall.....would never be able to give up anything I found!!  By the quick look I did on Replacements her pieces are pulling in a pretty price even now.  Just imagine what they'd be in another few years. (that is if you could bear to part with it by then) ;)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 08:11:24 pm »
     Yea even looked at her stuff on Ebay, Hot sellers, and my starting bid is one of the lowest of the stuff.  I sure it wlll sell, so I will have to part with it, but nobody has bid yet, so maybe I just might get a chance to keep it   :P   Actually I think I will have to repost it higher if It don't sell, look like the item has done what it was meant to do, teach me something.

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:15:09 pm »
Found a nice little blurb here.......

http://www.emmabridgewater.co.uk/page/newsandevents

Ebay
Our pottery has been achieving some incredible prices on ebay. Collectors of the Birds mugs are paying high prices to fill any gaps they have in their collections. A ½ Pint Mallard Mug recently sold for £830, an Oystercatcher for £250 and a Pintail for £206. Collectors of the Year Jugs have also made a sound investment. A 2006 Owl Year Jug sold for over £500 in November.

Collectors are showing a great deal of interest in vintage/discontinued spongeware patterns and shapes, special designs and collectible series such as Birds, Flowers and EB Club pieces. It is unusual these days for anything bought not to instantly be worth dramatically less than was paid for it but it is reassuring and satisfying to see how well Emma Bridgewater pottery holds it’s value and in many cases, makes a healthy profit for it’s owner.

Hang onto that baby as long as you can!!   :D

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 03:15:03 am »
Iffen you got questions about English pottery ...... then go to where some of the experts hang out, to wit:  http://pottery.yobunny.com/index.php 

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 11:05:27 am »
Interesting piece.  Haven't heard of them before.  Will keep an eye out for it in the future!  Best of luck on this!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!