Author Topic: A few items, not sure that they're antique or not...  (Read 1449 times)

Omega Entity

• View Profile
A few items, not sure that they're antique or not...
« on: May 26, 2010, 09:20:32 pm »
First is a table, as shown in the pics below. The only making I could see on cursory inspection was a label from a furniture restoration company. The top of the leg on the right is missing the cross marking, as it seems that a chunk of the wood splintered off and it was roughly filed, perhaps to prevent anyone from getting a splinter? The other three legs do have the adornment in the closeup.

Measurements:

41 1/2" L
30 3/4" W
27 3/4" H
30 1/2" between legs

Next is an old office chair, steel-base with casters. The identifying name is covered up by the stain, with only -Burg Inc. legible. It also has a metal tag, identifying it as belonging to the Leo Burnett Co. at some point, item number 9739.

Last, is a table that was hacked down to more of a coffee table height, that has some interesting patterns on the corners. The Vaneer is a bit chipped at the seam on the top, where it would pull apart for the now-nonexistant leaves.

66" L
43 1/2" W
17" H (modified height)

Tell me what you think! Any help is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:45:58 pm by Omega Entity »

Omega Entity

• View Profile
Re: A few items, not sure that they're antique or not...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 10:18:44 pm »
Would it be better if I listed these separately?

ThisNThat

• View Profile
Re: A few items, not sure that they're antique or not...
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 06:37:12 am »
Ok, I'll give this my best shot.  ;)

First table is an Eastlake style, but not sure of the age. It does look like it's been refinished, it doesn't quite look right. It's also an odd size/shape, so not sure what kind of table it was. My guess is a library or parlor table.........

The office chair looks like 40s-50s??? Don't know anything about it.

Third table does look old, but I've never seen one like it, so can't help you much.

Not much help, I know........ :P ;)