Author Topic: Antique Bed (100+ years old?) Looking for Information...  (Read 1882 times)

Dannyboy8406

• View Profile
Antique Bed (100+ years old?) Looking for Information...
« on: July 11, 2010, 09:41:14 pm »
I recently inherited this bed from my great aunt's estate.  I was always told it was over 100 years old, not sure of the exact manufacturer date however.  I have been unable to find any type of makes mark or company seal on the bed in any location.  The only mark of any kind is located in two places.  On the bottom inside of the headboard and bottom inside of the footboard, burned into the wood is the same number: 1756 5/8.  Pictures below, click on thumbnail for a larger view.

Miss Platnum

• View Profile
Re: Antique Bed (100+ years old?) Looking for Information...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 03:46:26 am »
Hi Danny! I also inherited a bed similar to this 3 years ago. I don't know the exact age, but I know that has about 90 years. I'm very proud of it, I even arranged a room with antiques, things inherited from my grand-grand parents. I'm a big fan of old things :)

http://antiquescanr.com

miller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 08:38:01 am »
Hi, Danny! this antique bed is really nice. it does not seem look a 100 years of age. I've been through in different antique store who are selling antique furniture and Ive seen lot's of antique bed but this antique really preserve nice. I hope i can inherit too like this.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 06:42:20 am »
English Bedstead, circa 1920's $350.00 Dollars. High end shop you' could expect $ 500.00 Dollars.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 02:19:44 pm »
This does appear English to me....but have seen a few French that copied English style! 
Agree totally with time frame and values with D&b.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!