Author Topic: Parcel Post Package Lost  (Read 11892 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Parcel Post Package Lost
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 11:59:38 pm »
IN this day and time I have often wondered (feel bad thinking this) if the buyer says they never received it....and they did.

I do know this has happened in the past...and with hard times....others might be tempted to do so if the proper precautions of "signature required" aren't implemented.

I must say a compliment to the USPS tho.  A couple of years back purchased a silver punch set on ebay and it was slightly caved when I got the box.  I did have a slight dent in the tray and a few cups.  The first request for reinbursement was denied and said it was received past filing time.  I had actually had the local post office help me fill it out.  When I went in and showed them the denial...they immediately refiled it for me with  letters from them personally.  I was reimbursed the full amount.  They really worked hard to help me out.  I was impressed.   They also advised me if ever it is denied...resubmit!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 04:05:16 pm »
I've never had a problem before this with USPS. It was just an accident. Fortunately it didn't happen with something irreplaceable.

On the box of nutcrackers that was lost (See the beginning of this thread) I have to admit I did wonder if the buyer simply claimed it never arrived, or if the box was stolen off her step. It could have been either and I'll never know. The box was simply too big to get lost. It probably looked tempting sitting there on the step to someone. Fortunately it wasn't a big amount that I had to reimburse. It's just a drag when things like that happen and are beyond our controll.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

Blonde1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 03:06:29 pm »
I have a funny shipping story.  I sold a Kelloggs pep card to a man in Texas, it was lost in the mail so I refunded his money.  THEN 6 months later, he emails me saying "You won't believe this but the card just showed up"
Luckly he is an honest man an sent the card back to me cuz he already bought one. ;D
Parcel post is the chancest but cheapest, if the item is fragile have the buyer pay insurance.  I never put a fragile sticker on packages anymore, found out from a friend that works at airport, some handlers are purposly careless with packages
I will ship anyway the buyer wants, they are paying for it so they should get what they paid for.  Of course there are bad eggs who use the negative feedback to gain something for nothing but I have ways of fixing that

newcollector

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 07:01:58 pm »
if you didnt do delivery confirmation then it probably did show up and the buyer is lieng, happended to me when i was new on ebay, didnt do delivery confrimation on a 175.00 dollar item, buyer said they didnt get it, and I know they did. so I was out 175 dollars, never make that mistake again.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 11:26:23 pm »
Okay....where do you get all the cool images/smileys Blonde1? 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

waywardangler

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 07:14:16 am »
It could work as a new spameliminator.

Slappy Finds

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 12:18:43 pm »
I have never had a parcel lost in 10+ years, but it does happen.  Definitely use insurance and/or confirmation if the item is expensive or irreplaceable, and giving the the customer the benefit of the doubt was the right thing here, and just be wary if the same customer says it happened again.