Author Topic: Southern Richardson & Sheffield ( England) bone handle knives. More info?  (Read 3921 times)

NorthwesternBill

• View Profile
HI everyone! I have recently inherited a set of knives that seem very interesting. I can not figure out what type of bone or teeth the handles are made out of, but they are all one piece handles. In addition to the  Southern Richardson & Sheffield logo, the blades all say "the Kleen Kut" and then Regd 1945, stainless. My aim is to sell them ( probably on ebay) and could not find anything really even similar to them. Any information on them and possible value would be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance!

waywardangler

The handles appear to be antler tips.  Rubylane has a few similar sets for sale and the prices range from $90-$135.  Since they still have a number of sets for sale, I think an actual value would be below their price ranges if you are really interested in selling them.  I would expect a price range of $35-$50 might find some willing buyers if all the knives are in excellent shape.  On eBay, the auction venue would find the actual price buyers are willing to pay.  I do not know if vintage steak knives are a hot commodity.

NorthwesternBill

• View Profile
Thank you very much! That seems about right, I will probably set starting bid at 20 bucks and see how much interest that draws.

This seems like a great forum with knowledgeable and friendly folks, glad I decided to join up and enter the conversation!