Author Topic: original Disney animation art  (Read 1131 times)

mcam

• View Profile
original Disney animation art
« on: August 17, 2010, 09:42:12 pm »
I have an original drawing by Roy Williams of mickey mouse on a Disneyland U.S.A piece of paper.  On the bottom of the page is has printed words that reads, "Disnayland U.S.A, Original By Walt Disney Animator Roy Williams". Above the printed word it is signed by Roy.  I am just wondering if this piece is rare or valuable in anyway just for my own collection.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:44:51 pm by mcam »

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: original Disney animation art
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 04:26:49 pm »
 Hi Mcam,  I would guess this piece may be rare as Roy was not always drawing during his employment for Disney.  Walt paid for Roy's training at the Chouinnard Art School, and took him on in the Art Department. As Roy's skill and experience grew, he was moved to the Animation Department, first as an in-betweener, then as a full-fledged animator.As the studio's production of cartoon shorts and features wound down in the mid-fifties, Roy was assigned to do story boards for the upcoming Mickey Mouse Club. That's when Walt Disney selected him as co-host for the show. When the filming stopped he resumed his regular duties.He also visited elementary schools in the 50s,  to do a chalk talk, showing kids how to draw Mickey, etc, with a big piece of charcoal on a sketch pad mounted on an easel,which he gave away to some lucky students. I would try to contact celfcentered animation as they deal in original production cells & drawings from Disney. 1800 493-4444. They may be able to give you an idea on value.  good luck & let us know what you discover  ;D