Author Topic: anyone ever see a vase like this?  (Read 1938 times)

harleydan1956

• View Profile
anyone ever see a vase like this?
« on: August 12, 2010, 06:26:36 pm »
 it says " made in Germany for potter bros" on the bottom, on the side it says "Soldiers monument, Cambridge ohio" along with a picture of the monument. It is real nice shape,, no chips or cracks, alittle gold worn from the edges, but that is all. I can find no info on it, imagine that. I believe it to be 50-70 years old.  Approximately 6"-7" tall.
 maybe someone can steer me in a direction to find out more about it. I am scratching my head over it.

Thanks, Dan

CollectorsOnlineMall

• View Profile
Re: anyone ever see a vase like this?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:07:58 am »
The McKinley Tarrif act was changed in 1914 to require the words "Made In" along with the country of origin on pottery.

The monument in questions is, I believe a monument to Civil War Soldiers that's been around since at least the early 1900s.    So, your vase is likely pretty old.   Are there any other markings.  A picture of the bottom would be good.    Can't find out any info on the importer, Potter Bros.  -- Maggie

Sara Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:55:16 am »
Here's an image from a early 1900's post card of the monument .

harleydan1956

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 12:21:36 pm »
 I will try to get a picture of the bottom. I am trying to find out what it is worth, what is was made for and anything else I can find out about it. Thank you for looking and answering, the more I know about it, the more I am curious.

Thanks, Dan

harleydan1956

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 09:00:01 am »
bottom pic. Hope it is clear enough.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 02:58:57 pm »
Nice little import item made for decorative use. 

I simply cannot find anything about this import company in my resources.  Hopefully someone else will come along and help you out more.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!