Author Topic: Perfume Atomizer-DeVilbiss??  (Read 2249 times)

angelbrotherston

• View Profile
Perfume Atomizer-DeVilbiss??
« on: August 25, 2010, 07:18:57 pm »
I have an old Perfume Atomizer that I could use some help with.  Designer, Origin, value etc.,  Any information will be very much appreciated. I'ts a little over 6" tall and a deep purple, almost black with Aurene hue and has two gold bands circling the top. It does not have the bulb nor is there any markings on it.[

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Perfume Atomizer-DeVilbiss??
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:31:54 pm »
    Nice Atomizer for sure.  I know only a little about these, based on the three I have sold before.  Atomizer are a hot item,  Easy E-bay sale.   As for the glass what you have is amethyst glass, again very sought after, I have a friend that would die over this piece based on that alone.  The third point in your favor it sure appears to be at least pre 40's, Depression era, esp. since it has dark Amethyst Glass.  Very elegant and unique.  You have many thing going for you here.  The only thing that hurts is you appear to be missing the ball.  Based on what I have seen, which is only a little mind you, is your item will easily fetch you $35.00 to $50.00, if you can get a ball to replace the missing one, you would have a item that would sure bring in at least 3 in a bidding war that would end above $50.00 somewhere.   

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:40:09 pm »
Agree with the advice that you so graciously gave ironlord!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

angelbrotherston

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 11:00:35 pm »
Thank you so much ironlord, this is very helpful.  Does it have to be a ball from another like atomizer or can it be any that fits?  I am totally clueless about this but hope to learn as much as I can.  Blessings to you on this lovely evening...

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 11:14:40 pm »
    I'm not totally sure about finding the ball, or putting it on.  Hopfully someone an pipe in on that one.  I have one that is pink Depression, that I found without one and My lady had one that fit, so I married them.  Not sure about how this will work yet, will probably post it Sept.  The only other ones I had came with a working Atomizer.  Since you would not want to replace the unique original top, the only option is maybe go find a Atomizer ball at the thrift shop and give it a whirl.   One again I will look at my piece and see what I see about it, and thanks for the wonderful treat of sharing your perfume bottle.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 01:39:18 pm »
FYI...just to show how collectible they are.......even with the ball missing, people are willing to pay $$$ for them!  Check out some on this page  
http://www.passionforperfume.com/ForSale/Atomizers.htm
AND  IF YOU SO DESIRE....replaceme nt parts are available
http://www.paradise-co.com/ballcaps/index.html
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:41:10 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

angelbrotherston

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 09:11:37 pm »
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to find this information and letting me know.  Your a gem :)  I will definitely look into getting the ball replaced and then probably try to find a buyer for it.  It has been sitting around for 5 yrs or better so may as well make a profit off of it.  I paid $2.99 for it at a estate sale.  I love when that happens.. Have a great weekend!!

angelbrotherston

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 01:21:08 am »
KC, I am looking at the site you referred to to replace the ball and just wanted to get your input on a design or color??  Thanks so much...

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 07:48:03 pm »
There are many opinions on this….but typically gold meshed bulbs….and elongated/long if possible.  If elongated isn't available then the pear shape is next in line!  If gold isn't available then beige.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 08:51:53 pm »
Agree with KC, long gold would match it nice.  Gold will bring out the gold and since the bottle is long.....    That bottle really needs the best you can find, I also vote for it being a Devibliss after following this post.  Nice  ;)